MELBOURNE STORM star Greg Inglis will turn his mind towards towards the upcoming Four Nations tournament after the case against him for allegedly assaulting his girlfriend, Sally Robinson, was yesterday adjourned for at least another six months.The Australian rugby league Test centre yesterday made his third appearance in Sunshine Magistrates Court facing charges of unlawful assault and recklessly causing injury.The prosecutor, Sergeant Jim Currell, said the crown would push ahead with the case.Magistrate Noreen Toohey adjourned the matter to a contested mention on April 12, where Inglis will plead not guilty. The hearing had previously been told Inglis would claim that he had acted in self-defence in that he was protecting the alleged victim, Robinson, from harming herself.At an earlier hearing in August, defence counsel Michael Croucher claimed Inglis did not reveal his version of the incident to police when interviewed out of ”respect for her [Ms Robinson’s] privacy”.It is believed Ms Robinson, who attended the Storm’s presentation night last Friday night with Inglis and was his guest at the NRL grand final, will be called as a prosecution witness.Storm chief executive Brian Waldron confirmed the court proceedings would not prevent Inglis from taking part in the Australian squad that leaves this weekend for the Four Nations tournament in Britain and France.”Greg will head back to Sydney [today] and continue with preparations to travel with the Kangaroos on the weekend,” he said. ARL chief executive Geoff Carr said: ”There is nothing to prevent him [Inglis] touring.” Stathi Paxinos
Nanjing Night Net

Author

admin