Christopher Henry Pearce did not apply for bail yesterday when he faced charges of aggravated sexual assault in Dubbo Local Court.
Nanjing Night Net

The 45-year-old appeared before Magistrate Howard Hamilton via audio visual link from Wellington Correctional Centre.

He will remain behind bars while forensic biologists continue processing evidence and is scheduled to reappear in court on August 18.

According to facts previously tendered to the court, Pearce was invited to a barbecue at the home of the alleged victim.

After others attending the gathering left Pearce and the woman continued to talk and listen to music until about midnight when the woman asked him to leave as she wanted to go to bed.

Pearce is alleged to have refused. The prosecution allege the woman was then pushed, held down and sexually assaulted.

Police said the woman fought back before escaping through the front door yelling for help.

A neighbour responded and ran out with an axe handle. He allegedly confronted Pearce and a scuffle ensued. Police said the neighbour sustained bruising and lacerations.

Police alleged Pearce ran to a motor vehicle and fled the scene. He was pulled over by officers 500 metres down the road, arrested and conveyed to Wellington police station.

Pearce was charged with aggravated sexual assault, inflict actual bodily harm and drink driving.

He yesterday pleaded guilty to the driving offence and was placed on a two year good behaviour bond and disqualified from driving for five years.

Pearce has been in custody since May 14.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.

Author

admin