It was a busy night for Dubbo police after game three of this year’s State of Origin, Orana Local Area Command Inspector Matt Scott said.
Nanjing Night Net

Three drink drivers were charged after two were pulled over due to the manner in which they were driving and the third was breathalysed after crashing his car into the kerb and gutter.

“It is disappointing to see people are still driving vehicles while in excess of the legal limits for prescribed concentration of alcohol,” Inspector Scott said.

A 27-year-old Dubbo man was detected due to the manner in which he was driving on Whylandra Street about 10.45pm on Wednesday night.

The Hyandai Excel was stopped in the carpark of a nearby takeaway food outlet where police spoke to the driver.

Police said he did not hold a current NSW driver’s licence and was issued with a court attendance notice.

About 10.35pm, officers detected a 46-year-old Dubbo man driving a Suzuki Vitara on Victoria Street.

Attention was drawn to the vehicle due to the manner in which it was being driven, Inspector Scott said.

“The vehicle was stopped (and) the driver was asked to produce a current driving licence,” he said.

“The driver informed police that he was disqualified from holding a driver’s licence by the court.”

He was issued with a court attendance notice to appear at Dubbo Local Court at a later date.

About 2am yesterday, police were on Macquarie Street, near Church Street, when they observed a vehicle driving north before pulling into a carpark.

“As the vehicle parked, it was observed to collide with the kerb and gutter,” Inspector Scott said.

The 18-year-old Dubbo man who was driving was subjected to a breath test and returned a positive result.

Subsequent enquiries revealed he was unlicensed.

“The man will be issued with a court attendance notice for driving unlicensed and driving with low-range prescribed concentrate of alcohol,” Inspector Scott said.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.